The online archive of journals and publications of Ipswich High School for Girls
SDS Education can work with any material whether it’s a combination of black and white, or greyscale images (such as engravings or sketches) or full-colour printed publication.
Everything is carried out in-house, from scanning and processing, to bespoke database development and web design. Our client-specific products and scanning services offer the following:
- All pages are scanned at the optimum resolution for your finished product. Where the original volumes are bound, we can process them without causing distress or damaging the original documents.
- All pages are “OCR’d”, which means that the content can be searched using our software.
- Colour, black and white, and sepia images are scanned separately and merged to ensure quality.
- We perform page re-imposition and clean-up of every scan to ensure marks are removed and the text is straightened.
- Every “article” in every issue is separately listed in the database, bespoke to your archive’s requirements.
- Optional animated page turning feature
- Superior levels of search features, with over 150 levels of Boolean search, if required. You choose the search criteria
- Facility to export search results to an Excel-compatible spreadsheet, which can be helpful for research purposes.
- Your finished product can be supplied as a Web site or standalone DVD-ROM, and is developed using your corporate identity and colours.
- Unlimited users. Each can be issued with a personal username and password if you wish.
- Control access of certain documentation, so that sensitive data can be made available for senior staff members only.
- Full edit and upload facility for web site products. This enables you to keep the archive up-to-date.
- Supplied with a complete back-up of scans, and all web site graphic and database files.
- Each product is fully Microsoft compliant.
- Web site hosting is included for your online archive, or it can be hosted internally on your own servers.
- No licence fees. You will own the software, data, and web site or DVD that we produce for you.
- There is no obligation to use SDS for any future scanning.
- Collection and return of your archive in person by full-time members of SDS staff. No couriers used.